Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 6: Stencil- AKA- You can't get away with murder Dexter

Did you know that when you put watery paint in a graffiti marker & squeeze really hard that it can & WILL explode ALL over your house?

Yep its true ! Keep reading......

So- today's assignment was to make a stencil & then use it in your art. Well I tried to make my own stencil but that didn't go so well, so since I am trying to use up some of my forgotten supplies I pulled out some chipboard pieces I have and popped out the design & used the negative spaces as stencils.

I found another unfinished canvas in my closet & I decided to pretty it up. I made a paste out of Golden's Light Molding Paste, cadmium orange & just a touch of pthalo blue to grey it down.

I spread the paste onto the stencil & voilla !!!

Then,  I had this great idea to fill one of my "On The Run" graffiti markers with copper colored paint & let it drip down the canvas. But, I must not have thinned the paint out enough because when I squeezed the marker... KABOOM... the paint exploded everywhere.

While I was cleaning it out of everything within a 15 foot radius, a Dexter episode ran through my head wherein he demonstrates blood splatter evidence. "A-ha" I thought, ...,"this is why you can't get away with murder.......when something liquid-y explodes it goes EVERYWHERE". So kids let this be a lesson to you-luminol will find EVERYTHING !!!

So here are the results, but the work is UNFINISHED!!! It still needs a few more things and I had trouble photographing it, because parts of it are still wet.



Before

During

Crime Scene Photo, when good paint goes bad

Work in Progress

Work in Progress

Work in progress, texture/depth shot

Work in progress


No comments:

Post a Comment