Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 1: Something Small

Today's assignment from the 365: A Daily Creativity Journal was for something small-ish. It is supposed to be something that can fit in your hand & made with stuff in your immediate environment.

So, I began fishing through the drawers of my desk & lo and behold I found my old expired passport. Woo-hoo, this was just the inspiration I needed. That passport has been in my desk for years. I knew I wanted to do something cool with it someday, but I had no idea where to start. Since I have never really journalled or made memory books for the trips that were in that passport I chose to make a memory pages in the passport based on each entry visa I had.

Admittedly I took way too much time on this project, but what a great day it has been. It forced me to go back through my memory banks & relive the GOOD (trips with my family), the BAD (trip to Mexico) & the UGLY (moving to London to be with a nasty guy & only staying 6 days)....wow as a bonus to all this creativity I'm working through some cobwebs.

Thankfully, I am blessed with an enormous amount of art products & ephemera....so everything I needed was right here in my den.

Here are the results:


My Desk


My altered passport

See it fits in the palm of my hand...kind of

























No comments:

Post a Comment